With SearchLeeds being the North’s largest digital conference, it was the perfect place to shine a light on Search Listening™.
Sophie Coley, one of our founders took to the stage on 20th June, 2019, to share exactly how it all works.
Search Listening™ is the process of understanding what an audience truly thinks, using the ultimate source of insight – search data – to access the unbiased, in-the-moment perspectives of millions of people. Think keyword insight that’s been supercharged.
It’s a new way to learn about audiences at scale, in minutes, to help marketers make better decisions in their strategic planning, content planning, campaign planning, reputation management and ongoing communications – to ultimately get better results for their organisations.
Unlike social listening, this unbiased, rich source of audience insight is largely untapped and remains a blind spot for many brands. Sophie’s talk will give you and understanding of how to read the mind of consumers with a focus on the incredibly popular AnswerThePublic.com as one of the tools to support you in your quest.
You can watch the talk below and download the slides here.
The Spice Girls-themes presentation covered:
- how Search Listening can uncover different insights at different stages of a purchase journey
- how it can help you understand online tribalism
- how spaces make for an awesome wildcard in Google
- how ‘like’ searches help you to understand influence
- how ‘for’ searches help you understand labels and build personas
- how Search Listening can help you to understand and track changing sentiment or informational needs around a topic
To find out more about how Search Listening works, Sophie has also written a book on the subject, Consumer Insight in the Age of Google – specifically for marketers who plan content, gather audience insight, develop brands, work on product development, generate creative and beyond, this is one of a suite of courses and resources to continue your learning experience.